South Auckland murder: Investigation underway after human stays present in Manurewa

Posted on

Police incident in Clendon Park, South Auckland: Two hearses seen leaving property. Video / NZ Herald

A murder investigation is underway after human stays have been present in Manurewa yesterday afternoon.

Police mentioned they have been alerted to the stays on Moncrieff Ave about 1.30pm on Thursday.

Detective Inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua mentioned the occupants of the handle have been not believed to be concerned within the murder.

“Police reiterate there isn’t a fast danger to the general public with reference to this incident,” Vaaelua mentioned.


The detective mentioned the precedence for police was to verify the identification of the deceased so that they may set up the total circumstances behind the invention.

“This will even result in the advising of subsequent of kin. Given the character of the invention, this would possibly take a while,” Vaaelua mentioned.

“Police will likely be offering additional updates as our investigation permits, nevertheless, we will reassure the general public our inquiry workforce are taking this matter extraordinarily significantly and can examine the matter completely.”

Vaaelua mentioned workers have been working on the handle, together with the Specialist Search Group.

“Police acknowledge them for his or her help up to now and we’re offering assist for them.”

Vaaelua mentioned police respect there was a big public curiosity in what has occurred, nevertheless, given the character of the invention, there have been nonetheless a lot of inquiries to be carried out.

“Our inquiries are persevering with in the present day, which incorporates an ongoing scene examination, and the area people will see an elevated police presence in the world over the following few days.

“A autopsy examination is underway and this is anticipated to be accomplished over the approaching days.”

A police guard is in place – and forensic specialists are finishing up work – on the Clendon Park property which neighbours say officers have instructed them is a “crime scene”.

Two hearses have been seen on the property, neighbours mentioned, since officers arrived yesterday.

The property has been cordoned off, with a giant police tent erected over a part of the entrance of it.

An RNZ reporter had earlier seen a physique being loaded right into a hearse, and a neighbour had additionally instructed the Herald they understood a physique had been discovered on the Moncrieff Ave property.

Yesterday, police solely confirmed they have been responding to an “incident” on the South Auckland property and there was no fast danger to the general public in relation to that.

A neighbour who has solely lived in the world for a month instructed the Herald in the present day he noticed the hearse pull up final evening.

He mentioned one other truck had additionally come to choose issues up however could not say whether or not it was police tools or gadgets from the property.

He did not know the residents however mentioned nothing appeared suspicious and was shocked to see cops on the property on Thursday.

Guard officers, a police car, and specialist search group remain at the Clendon Park property after two hearses were transported out of it yesterday. Photo / Jed Bradley
Guard officers, a police automobile, and specialist search group stay on the Clendon Park property after two hearses have been transported out of it yesterday. Photograph / Jed Bradley

Yesterday, neighbours had mentioned officers have been on the scene since midday and as much as eight police automobiles have been on the street, which was blocked off.

A person dwelling a number of doorways away from the scene mentioned police weren’t saying a lot.

“They only talked about to me it is a criminal offense scene.”

Two hearses were seen leaving a Clendon Park property where police officers and forensic staff in boiler suits had been since Thursday afternoon. Photo / Dean Purcell
Two hearses have been seen leaving a Clendon Park property the place cops and forensic workers in boiler fits had been since Thursday afternoon. Photograph / Dean Purcell

He’d heard different folks say a physique had been discovered on the property.

He hadn’t heard anybody in misery, however one other neighbour’s canines had been noisy about 1am or 2am.

“There was lots of barking.”

A younger lady, a person aged in about his 30s and an “previous” man lived on the property, the neighbour mentioned.

Moncrieff Ave was a “fairly strong avenue” and he was snug dwelling there, the person mentioned.

“There’s a number of points, however nothing severe.”